Craving something sweet. Made these for after-school snacks. Will freeze any extra for lunch-box treats.
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed very well and drained
- 3 eggs
- 5 T. canola oil
- 1+ c. sugar
- 1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 c. brown rice flour
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 T. spiced rum (opt.)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- salt (opt)
- 1/2 c. dried cherries, soaked to plump in spiced rum or water and drained (opt)
- 1/2 c. chopped toasted walnuts (opt), combined with 1 tsp. brown rice flour
- 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 ^ F. Coat 8×8″ pan with cooking spray.
Place black beans bowl of a food processor and process until a paste forms. Add eggs, oil, 1 c. sugar, cocoa powder, brown rice flour, xantham gum and baking powder. Process until very smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl several times. Add spiced rum (if using) and vanilla and almond extracts. Process to combine. Taste. Add salt and more sugar if needed. Fold in dried cherries and walnuts, if using. Spread in prepared pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.